"For me it has been an on-going cycle of learning,changing and growing. I'm learning one lesson after another...without yoga I...read more→
Join us for the Fiji Yoga Teacher Training
September 3-26, 2016
Join Sadhana Yoga School for 24 days in Paradise. Participate in this 200hour training that will focus on living yoga on and off your mat. Spend time learn from our experienced facilitators and benefit from their years of experience and knowledge in the world of yoga and then use this knowledge to transform your experience in daily life.
This 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training program will give you much more than a certificate. It will be a personally focused journey that you share with others. We are all on our own path, but that path leads us to the same place. In this way we can support each other through the process.
Fiji is an idyllic Pacific setting with opportunities to snorkel, scuba dive, go boating with dolphins, plunge into waterfalls, and see hot mud pools. It’s wonderful. There’s also a real joy in doing yoga in the warmth – never any need for socks even in the morning, constantly warm muscles to power you through the sun salutations, and only occasionally a need for a covering in the longest of savasanas.
We Teach Sadhana Yoga
The Yoga of Spiritual Practice
We use Patanjali’s Eight-Fold Path (Ashtanga Yoga) as our guide in how we teach the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual benefits that are accessible through daily practice. Our program includes asana (postures), meditation, pranayama (breath work) mantra (chanting of Sanskrit) as well as the study of yoga philosophy.
The Sadhana Vinyasa Flow is the yoga of spiritual practice based on the Ashtanga vinyasa tradition. Each pose is typically held between five to ten breaths followed by a breath-controlled vinyasa leading to the next pose. In this sequence we move with fluidity, buoyancy, strength, and vigor.
The Sadhana Hatha Flow is the yoga of spiritual practice based on the classic Sivananda tradition. After Sun Salutations warm-ups, postures are held for a space of time. By integrating breath and intention, each pose becomes a pose of meditation.
Beyond Professional, into the Personal
Become a Certified Teacher
After graduation, you will receive a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Certificate. You will be able to register with Yoga Alliance and teach anywhere in the world.
Our program includes the study of asana (physical postures), meditation, pranayama (breath work), mantra (chanting of Sanskrit), yoga philosophy, physical and energetic anatomy, the yogic diet, the art of sequencing and assisting, the kriyas, Ayurveda, special populations, and yoga in the marketplace.
Days begin with sunrise chanting, breathing practices, mediation and asana class. After a light snack, we meet for sutra study or anatomy. Then we break for brunch and karma yoga. In the afternoons, there will be a light lunch, lectures on yogic topics and teaching workshops. We finish our days with a family style vegetarian dinner followed by satsang, our community gathering.
Invest in Yourself
Total Investment: $4,090.(Includes all course fees, tuition, room & food, and training manual)
Room and Food Packages:
- Cottage – (shared double room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) Cottage Details (Included in Price)
- PoolHouse – (shared double room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) PH Details ($400 extra)
- PoolHouse – (shared triple room for 23 nights – we can match a roommate for you) PH Details ($200 extra)
- Family Ocean View- (shared double room for 23 nights- we can match a roommate) FOV Details ($500 extra)
- Private Family Ocean View- (sometimes a private room can be available; this is a limited option, please contact us for details on availability) FOV Details ($1,400 extra)
Required Texts for the Fiji Yoga Certification
- Sadhana Yoga School Teacher Training Manual (available for pick up on-site)
- The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi (purchase on amazon)
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff (purchase on amazon)
- Travel Expenses to and from the training including airfare, airport transfers
- Spending money for outings, healing treatments, day trips, surfing
- Travel and medical insurance is also recommended
- The retreat center is located in Fiji on the island of Vanua Levu, near the town of Savusavu.
- Fly into Savusavu (SVU) Check http://www.fijiairways.com/for flights.
It is sometimes cheaper to fly to Nadi (NAN) and then get a separate ticket on http://www.fijiairways.com/ to Savusavu (SVU)
- Note that if you are flying from LA, it is best to leave on Sept. 5 at the latest. Fiji is one day ahead of the USA. The flight leaves LAX at 11:30PM on Sept. 5 (US time) and arrives into Savusavu at 8:20AM Sept. 7 (Fiji time). You may want to arrive a day or two early to allow some time to rest after the long flights.
Optional Activities during the Fiji Yoga Certification
- Waterfalls Hike
- Beach Trips
- Cultural Events
- Please check out Daku Resort for additional Info
Meet Your Facilitators
100% E-RYT with Yoga Alliance + Extensive Facilitator Training + A Passion for Yoga and for Living their Dreams.
Lives in: Swanzey, New Hampshire
Favorite Pose: Adho Mukha Shavanasana (because I love my dogs so much!)
Favorite Food: Big, leafy salads with crunchy veggie toppings and my sister’s fresh balsamic dressing.
Best Thing About Teaching: building a community of effort, creativity, and spirit.
Daku Resort is a place we call Home.
Right on the Water
Daku Resort is right on the water. The local staff welcome you like family and show you a Fiji that has preserved all the best in warmth and hospitality.
Diving & Snorkeling
There is great diving in the area. In fact, it is possible to go on some world-class dives while you are here. There is also snorkeling right in front of the resort and many places in the area.
Please call of email anytime! We are here to assist you and answer all your questions!
Main Office in Keene, NH
Sadhana Yoga School
80 Roxbury Street
Keene, NH, 03431
SYS Tel: (802) 671-5005
SYS Skype: SadhanaYoga108
Fiji Yoga Photos
“For me it has been an on-going cycle of learning,changing and growing. I’m learning one lesson after another…without yoga I would be lost from my path. My body craves the breathe, the practice. Yoga & meditation have shown me many different worlds… but the most beautiful part is “we are all connected are all one.” -Emily Rendinaro
Sadhana Yoga School is truly is a well-rounded way to learn and understand not only what yoga does for you physically but spiritually, consciously, and wholly for the complete mind, body, soul experience. I recommend this course for anyone embarking on the path of wanting to not only learn how to teach yoga, but also develop a compelling understanding of the ancient principles of yoga that make it what it is today. ~Andrea
I am half-way through my 8 month teacher training program and I can already say it has been life changing. Each monthly weekend is so rich and full of inspiration, knowledge, and peace. I love seeing the path that lies ahead begin to unfold and thanks to this program and the wonderful facilitators, I am inspired on a daily basis. Namaste.~Sarah